2012 Summer Camps
Walton High School Wrestlers are strongly encouraged to attend two camps over the summer, one of which is the team camp at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill. Walton Jr. Wrestlers are encouraged to attend camps that best fit their personal interest, skill level and schedule.
Below is additional information on the UNC Team Camp to be held June 24-28. This camp is strongly encouraged for all High School wrestlers including rising 9th graders, and open to experienced Middle School wrestlers with an appropriate practice partner and the approval of Coach Murphy.
– UNC Team Camp Information Letter from Coach Phillipps
– UNC Team Camp Parental Consent Form
– UNC Team Camp Guide
– UNC Team Camp Schedule
– UNC Team Camp Sponsored Hotel Info
– UNC Team Camp Website
The following camps are also recommended as options for Walton High School and Junior wrestlers (in date order):
– Haskin-Day East Cobb Camp 2012 @ Pope High School (Jun 4-7)
– Ken Chertow Camp 2012 @ Oglethorpe University (Jun 3-7)
– Workhorse Camp 2012 @ Woodland High School (Jun 11-13)
– Mat Rat Training Camp 2012 @ WPI Athletics Institute (Jun 11-14)
– PSU / Cael Sandersons Journeyman Camp 2012 @ Berry College (Jun 13-16)
– High Impact Cradle & Granby Camp 2012 @ Meadowcreek High School (Jun 18-21)
The Wrestling Center in Symrna, The Wrestling Academy in Lawrenceville, and The Compound in three Metro Atlanta locations also offer several good camps tailored to specific skills and skill levels. Click on the links below to view their camp pages:
The Wrestling Center (Symrna, GA)
The Wrestling Academy (Lawrenceville, GA)
The Compound (McDonough, Buford and Roswell, GA)
Finally, Walton will be conducting open practices for High School wrestlers during the summer, as well as attending select team dual meets. Additional information on these practices / dual meets will be available soon.
For additional information on summer camps, practices and dual meets, please contact Coach Murphy or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.